Monday, April 6, 2015

Woodfire Brick Oven Pizza - Amare La Cucina

As my days of "freedom" are finally coming to an end, I asked a week vacation (surprisingly granted request) to the place I consider as my second home - Baguio!



There have been a lot of new establishments that sprung up since I left the city four years ago. (I took my college there) That's why I made a list of the new ones I wanted to check out, together with the old places I used to go to for that trip-down-memory-lane feels.

On my first night, my elder sister took me out to dinner at this new pizza place that has  been featured  frequently on blogs, food reviews and on facebook pages. A pizza place whose method of baking goes back to the old conventional woodfire brick-oven - Amare La Cucina.



When at a new place, we always go for the bestsellers and the Foie Gras with truffle oil was highly recommended. Oh, I also learned that foie gras is French term for liver. This made me hesitant in making the order because it is one of the few foods I don't eat (yep, just a few. it's on the list sitting before spaghetti and after anything exotic like frog, goat and dogs! haha) But my sister was very convincing and so I took a bite. The crust was thin (but not so thin), soft with a little crunch, topped with a combination of flavors that is just extraordinary - just the way I like it! Taking that bite maybe is one of the best food decisions I made in life. Haha

Foie Gras with truffle oil pizza

Aside from the pizza though, they also serve a variety of pasta, salad, skewers, ribs and of course, dessert! For pasta, we tried Fruti di Mare, a mixed seafood pasta which was also perfect!

Speculoos cookie butter gelato

The dessert selection was also a difficult one. It was battle between Nutella pizza topped with creamy vanilla ice cream and a Speculoos cookie butter gelato. Too difficult, but a decision should be made. So after a debate, we came up to a final decision of choosing the latter. Why, you ask? Because we planned on having another round of dessert (chocolate, this time) at another place. Guys, don't judge please. The night was still young. :) The gelato was full of flavor and very creamy, it also has the right amount of sweetness thus you don't easily get tired of it but even want more. 

Amare La Cucina is located inside Albergo Hotel just across Wright Park. This, to me, is the only disappointment when you go visit the place. It's vintage and unique thus I absolutely think it deserves it's own spotlight. We don't always see a pizza place going back to basics, do we? Overall, I say it's a must-visit when in Baguio and a 5 out of 5 for me!

I'll blog about the rest of my vacation on my succeeding posts! Till then. 😊

- aPinchof Carina

No comments:

Post a Comment